The Leavenworth County Council on Aging provides the following services listed below for seniors.
- For more information, call the main office at: (913) 684-0777.
- For transportation assistance, please call (913) 684-0778.
- The Council of Aging office is located at 1830 S. Broadway Street, Leavenworth, KS, and is open Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- SENIOR EXPRESS TRANSPORTATION: To nutrition sites, medical appointments, shopping and essential business.
- NUTRITION: With noon meal at four senior dining centers and homebound meals for those who are unable to go to the dining centers.
- INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE: Provides information and assistance with any problems the senior may be experiencing.
- VISITING AND TELEPHONING: Home visits and telephone contacts to high-risk seniors.
- ERRAND PROGRAM: Shopping, bill paying and errands to sick or homebound seniors.
- LEGAL ASSISTANCE: Provided to those seniors 60 and over. Appointments are scheduled the third Thursday of each month.
- INTERGENERATIONAL PROGRAM: Links seniors with children to share life’s experiences.
- LEISURE AND LEARNING: Provides education and recreational opportunities for seniors.
- ADVOCACY: On behalf of seniors to secure their rights and benefits.
- SOCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE: Provides social services to any senior in need.
Services are available to any person 60 or older regardless of income. There are no set fees for the services; however, donations are accepted for all services and are needed for continued support of our programs. Your contributions are important, and they really do make a difference.